Events, Recent & Forthcoming
New events open to the public are added when they go live.
- Sunday, August 27 – 7.15pm, Poetry from the Pennines, Edinburgh International Book Festival, Studio Theatre
- Saturday, September 9 – Simon Armitage at Festival No. 6, Portmerion, Gwynedd, LL48 6ER
- Wednesday, September 20 – 7.00pm, among guest-readers at The Josephine Hart Poetry Hour: Robert Lowell Centenary, The British Library, London NW1 2DB
- Friday, September 29 – 4.30pm, Hull City of Culture 'Contains Strong Language', Film screening: Black Roses, The Killing of Sophie Lancaster, Fruit, Humber St, HU1 1TU. FREE but ticketed.
- Friday, September 29 – 6.00pm, Hull City of Culture 'Contains Strong Language' event, Tracey Thorn and Ben Watt in Conversation. The duo chat with Simon Armitage, discussing their songs and books, and their years in Hull where they formed the bestselling band Everything But The Girl. Jubilee Church (change to bigger venue), FREE but ticketed.
- Saturday, September 30 – 1.30pm, Hull City of Culture 'Contains Strong Language' event, BBC Writers Room: Simon Armitage, Michael Symmons Roberts and Hannah Silva discuss writing poetry versus drama. Hull Central Library, FREE but ticketed.
- Friday, October 6 – 7.30pm, The Unaccompanied, Ilkley Literature Festival, Kings Hall, LS29 8HB
- Thursday, October 12 – 5.00pm, Distinguished Visitor Public Lecture, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Free but please register.
- Fri-Sat, October 27-28 – public events at Ubud Writers Festival, Indonesia
- Sat-Sun, November 4-5 – public events at Singapore Writers Festival
- Tuesday, November 14 – 5.30pm, Oxford Professor of Poetry lecture, Examinations Hall, High St, Oxford. FREE and open to the public.
- Thursday, November 16 – 6.00pm, Bristol Poetry Institute Annual Reading 2017, Wills Memorial Building. FREE event but registration required.
- Thursday, November 23 – 7.30pm, An Evening of Poetry with Simon Armitage and Daljit Nagra, Swansea University's Centenary Lecture series, FREE event in association with Being Human: A Festival of the Humanities but booking required.
- Tuesday, December 12 – 6.30pm, Simon Armitage in the City of Culture, Hull University, part of the Reading The Ridings/Writing The City series. FREE but booking required.