Events, Recent & Forthcoming
2017New events open to the public are added when they go live.
- Sat-Sun, November 4-5 – public ticketed events at Singapore Writers Festival
- Tuesday, November 14 – 5.30pm, ‘Hawks and Doves: Raptors and Rapture in the Poetry of Thom Gunn and Ted Hughes’ – Oxford Professor of Poetry lecture, Examinations Hall, High St, Oxford. FREE and open to the public.
- Thursday, November 16 – 6.00pm, Bristol Poetry Institute Annual Reading 2017, Wills Memorial Building. FREE event but registration required.
- Thursday, November 23 – 7.30pm, An Evening of Poetry with Simon Armitage and Daljit Nagra, Swansea University’s Centenary Lecture series, FREE event in association with Being Human: A Festival of the Humanities but booking required.
- Sunday, December 10 – 2.30pm, We Need to Talk about Bramwell, Simon Armitage discusses Branwell Brontë with actor Adam Nagaitis, who played Branwell in Sally Wainwright’s To Walk Invisible. Bronte 200 event, West Lane Baptist Centre, Haworth. Ticketed event, booking essential.
- Tuesday, December 12 – 6.30pm, Simon Armitage in the City of Culture, Hull University, part of the Reading The Ridings/Writing The City series. FREE but booking required.
- Tuesday, January 23 – 6.30pm, An Evening with Simon Armitage, inaugural reading as Leeds University’s new Professor of Poetry. Conference Auditorium 1, LS2 9JT. FREE event open to the public but booking essential.
- Wednesday, February 28 – 5.30pm, Oxford Professor of Poetry lecture, Examinations Hall, High St, Oxford. FREE and open to the public. No booking required.
- Tuesday, March 6 – 8pm, For the Love of Words at Dubai Opera, Emirates Airline Festival of Literature