Laureate’s Library Tour – Using Crowdcast
To get the best out of the Laureate’s Library Tour 2021 events due to live-stream on Crowdcast, do take a look at this helpful trouble-shooting guide. It is supplied by kind permission of Durham Book Festival 2020 (a separate festival, not a Library Tour destination) and re-published here with thanks.
” We know that there are so many ways that people are accessing content, from watching on their desktop computer to viewing via their phones but we’ve done our best to summarise some universal tips below:
- The streaming platform we’re using is called Crowdcast.
- If you are using a desktop, laptop or tablet, we’d recommend accessing Crowdcast via your browser, rather than downloading the app.
- If you are viewing via your phone we recommend using the Crowdcast app.
- People are having varying experiences with different browsers – we have had good experiences using the latest version of Chrome. However, if the browser you are using doesn’t seem to be working properly, try switching to another one, such as Firefox [for Mac or Apple] or Safari [for PCs] – they are all free to download.
- If you are struggling with the display on your tablet, try rotating it to change from portrait to landscape. Similarly you may want to try switching to and from full-screen mode.
- If you are using a tablet or phone, remember to scroll down the entire page to complete the sign-in process.
- Once you are logged into your event, if it doesn’t start to play at the listed event start time, you can hit play in the bottom left of the screen. Refreshing the page can also help.
- Remember to check the volume on your device is turned up and that the sound isn’t muted. “
We hope that you enjoy your Laureate’s Library Tour 2021 event.